Friday, March 13, 2009

This morning I woke up and realized that I am no longer upset at my Person. I have almost completely forgiven her. I still don`t trust her and Precious being alone in the same room together, but I think I`m doing a good job of making sure that doesn`t happen. With that in mind, I decided that I was going to try acting a little bit mopey (I got the idea from an earlier comment made by a fellow blogger) and see if it brings rewards the same as yesterday. Unfortunately it didn`t. Well, let me re-phrase: No rewards in the form of going for a ride to the "dog" park. I did get a few treats out of the act (well...sorta).

I started operation: "mopey dog gets rewarded", as soon as my Person got out of bed. I don`t feel very guilty about this because I still slept up by her pillow (an action that she values greatly). Phase one was to "act" non responsive. That worked until I got a whiff of bacon and eggs and forgot to be non responsive. Resulting in me putting on my best begging face and, of course, coming when she had a small piece of toast to give away.
Phase two was to recover from phase one and, once again, "act" non responsive. I thought it would be easy, now that nothing edible was being given away. Once all the food was put up, my Person asked me if I wanted to go outside. The "act" was again forgotten due to the fact that I was about to wet my fur and the floor.
So, with phase one and two going down the drain, I figured the act was a lost cause and to stop while I was ahead.

I stopped playing the martyr card and went back to our normal routine. My Person still acted guilty about her actions and gave me more hugs and kisses throughout the day but I believe our relationship is healing. I take back what I originally thought about her falling for another dog because if she was, then I don`t think she`d be as demanding for attention from me as she has been.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Aly, You're a beautiful mixed breed dog.

    Can we be fur friends?

    Licks and Wags,

    Tuffy and the Dog Woods Pack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you fur stopping by my blog :)
    I have added you to my friends list so I can stop by more often, I hope thats ok?
    Big licks to you
    Suzuki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are getting lots of visitors=) welcome to the world of Dog Blogging, it is very addictive hope you are ready for a great time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, for being so welcoming! I`m so glad I`m making online doggy friends! This is a lot of fun!!! I only wonder why I didn`t start sooner!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aly,
    It's hard to make the humans feel guilty while still taking care of your basic needs. My sister Tasha (At the Bridge) perfected the "heavy sigh" combined with sad puppy dog eyes technique but she failed to teach it to me before she left us.

    Princess Eva

    P.S. It's nice to see another pup of Belgian heritage blogging. We're Belgian Tervurens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woof! Thanks for visiting my blog. I also added you on my friend's list. Thanks for being my friend. Lots of Woofs! Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I've got to admire how thoroughly you have analyzed this all out! You and me ought to talk sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete